ah this show is fuckin amazing
"space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence"
the soundtrack to a cold death among the stars
caught up with this show last night
Some french/european animated feature films projects presented these days at professional Cartoon Movie festival.
- “Mister Sirocco” by Benoit Chieux (Folimage)
- “Dofus, the return of Julith”, by Jean-Jacques Denis & Anthony Roux (Ankama)
- “Zombillenium”, by Arthur de Pins (based on his comic-book)
- “Yellowbird” (aka Gus), by Dominique Monfery & Christian De Vita (Teamto)
- “I Lost My Body”, de Jeremy Clapin (Skhizein, Palmipedarium)
- “The Song of the sea”, by Tomm Moore (The Secret of Kells)
- “Funan, the New People”, by Denis Do
So excited to see many of these!
Much like my leaf/tree tutorial this is another crazy simple guide but it might help a few of you! I love to get a lot of thumbnail type ideas down first before I settle on something final so I like to use this quick method as a way of exploration, basic research into what I’m trying to achieve and a means of creating variety in my work (I hope!) On the flip-side I know a lot of people struggle with creating environments in general, this could be a good way to ease yourself into drawing them without getting too bogged down in details and technicalities, just blasting your ideas down onto a canvas!
Oh, wow oh wow. Nice o_o
|—||African proverb (via airnutted)|
Engraved folding trigger pinfire revolver with gold and silver decorations. Most likely of Belgian origins, mid 19th century.Fucking want
Some hobo character designs from my current project, which have since been rejected/revised…. but hey, I like ‘em.
So yeah, I’m doing a story for the Thrilling Adventure Hour book. (Ignore the kickstarter stuff, it’s already funded).
DOWN IN MOONSHINE HOLLER: A hobo fairytale. During the Great Depression, a millionaire’s son fell in love with a woman he thought was his societal equal. In truth, she was the Hobo Princess. She fled, leaving behind only a fingerless glove. Now, under the assumed identity of Banjo Bindlestuff, the millionaire’s son rides the rails with his hobo-mentor Gummy, in search of his one true love he believes will be found in the possibly make-believe hobo-paradise: Moonshine Holler.
Merciful hell, Joanna.
"Rajjo and her gang" aka Vogue visits the sets of Gulaab Gang.
So excited for this movie.Oh shiiit I want this movie!
I finished coloring this finally.
If any of you like Bold Riley you will probably love the shit out of Una the Blade. Steve is fucking brilliant and I’m hoping to make space in my schedule for our yarn Silk and Gold, about a Viking warrior lady, Silksif and Saudi Arabian bean counter lady, Rahiel tear assing it over the Silk Road in the 10th century.
A girl who cannot become a princess is doomed to become a witch.
-Revolutionary Girl Utena.
Just marathoned this masterpiece; a postmodern fairy tale about altruism, femininity and breaking the cycles of abuse and learned helplessness.
Heartbreaking and empowering.
Some other commissions I finished recently.
1. Alison Wilgus’s cat characters from her comic ‘A Stray In The Woods’: http://astrayinthewoods.tumblr.com/
2. Caeleigh Boara’s OC’s from her comic ‘Felicity Baile and the Literary Pursuit’: http://felicitybaile.smackjeeves.com/
3. Chrysa Nicole’s two OC’s from her project: http://cautiousart.tumblr.com/
4. Seanan McGuire’s two OC’s, Artie and Sarah: http://www.seananmcguire.com/
5. Leia Weathington’s best OC, Bold Riley, gay lady adventurer: https://twitter.com/solmaru
;-; it’s so pretty
NSFW practice drawing body type and positions I’m not exactly experienced at for my Smut Peddler story. This position hides most the guy’s body though so I’m gonna have to make up for it with other shots.
i’m so much better at drawing LIMBS ENTANGLED than I used to be